Cemetery Upkeep & Care
Purpose: To oversee the financial stability, grounds maintenance, sale and upkeep of burial plots (Calvary, St. Mary’s and St. Jarlath’s). Our cemeteries must be kept well groomed and clean of debris so visitors know that we have the utmost respect for those interred on these grounds. The committee is made up of the pastor; a secretary/treasurer; two trustees for each cemetery, appointed by the pastor; and at least three other parishioners.
Responsibilities: To provide physical help with the care of the three cemeteries as determined by the Cemetery trustees.
Time Commitment: Cleanup days scheduled in the spring and fall. Set up for and clean up after the Memorial Day Mass at cemetery.
Duration of Commitment Needed: 3 years
Additional Requirements: Cleanup assistance may be needed after summer storms.
The Sacred Heart Cemetery board wishes to remind you of the regulations that our three cemeteries have posted at Calvary, St. Jarlath and St. Mary’s cemeteries.
- All flowers or decorations must be in elevated stands.
- All stands must be in line with headstones.
- Memorial Day flowers and decorations must be removed by June 15th unless in elevated stands.
- NOT ALLOWED: Dug in plants, glass, ground placed articles of any kind, shepherd’s hooks and wire.
- If flowers or decorations not in elevated stands, are left after June 15th, the Cemetery Committee will pick them up.
Thank you to all who made a donation to our three cemeteries at the Memorial Day Mass. If you didn’t get a chance to do so then, but wish to, just place your envelope in the collection basket.