5th - 10th grade
Classes for grades 5-9 meet 6:30pm-8:00pm in the Parish Center. Classes for grades 10-11 meet 6:30pm-8:30pm in the Parish Center.
A calendar for the year is available online at sacredheartwaseca.org/faith-formation/ff-calendar
Volunteer hours my be documented on the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/3mcHYqIUFhnXqqVd2
- Born on October 4, 1922 in Magenta in the Kingdom of Italy
- Was 10th of 13 children in her family
- Openly accepted her faith
- In 1942, began her study of medicine in Milan; was a diligent and hardworking student at the university and her faith
- Received degrees in both medicine and surgery from University of Pavia in 1949
- In 1950 opened her own medical office in Mesero; Specialized in pediatrics & was drawn to mothers, babies, elderly & poor
- Chose vocation of marriage & considered this a gift from God; dedicated herself to “forming a truly Christian family”
- Had 4 children however with 4th child doctors discovered a tumor. Doctors gave her three choices: 1) an abortion which would save her life & allow her to continue to have children but take the life of the child currently carrying; 2) a complete hysterectomy which would preserve her life but take the unborn child’s life & prevent further pregnancies or; 3) removal of only the fibroma (tumor) with potential of further complications but could save the life of her baby
- Courageously choose to give her own life to save the life of her child; gave birth to the child but lost her life a week later due to complications
- Patron Saint of: mothers, physicians, unborn children
The Meaning of the Lord's Prayerhttps://youtu.be/kKIusTOMe1o
Prison Presentation on Wednesday, February 20, 2019, Grades 8-11 and Sacred Heart Parish Community. Presentation begins at 6:45pm. One presentation in the Dining Room and one in the Emmaus Room.
February 9-March 11: A Chance to Give fundraiser for the summer Mission trip to Chicago. About 25 envelopes are left to be taken. This is a great way to give knowing that 100% is used for what it is intended for.
March 1, Burger Fry, Youth Fundraiser at the American Legion from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
JOB OPENING:Church Office Manager Position Opening
Sacred Heart Parish, Waseca, MN, is looking for a full time Office Manager.
A large part of an office manager’s job is seeing that all areas are working together efficiently and that communication is maintained between all areas.
This includes communication with the Diocese, neighboring parishes, and other churches within the community along with service agencies within Waseca. This person must have a good working knowledge of the community at large, be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. They must be able to deal effectively with people in stressful and emotional situations and maintain confidentiality at all times. Some important aspects of the job are:
·First point of contact and welcome for parishioners and visitors.
·Create weekly parish bulletin.
·Answer all incoming calls and route to the appropriate staff.
·Maintain and update all parish records; census, sacramental, diocesan.
·Handles parish wide communications; emails and some website updates.
·Coordinates Liturgical Ministries.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this position, contact Fr. Gregory Leif at 507-835-1222 as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please give me a call, 835-1500.